Move a Final Cut Pro X Event or Project to
Final Cut Pro 7 and beyond!
Xto7 for Final Cut Pro
Xto7 for Final Cut Pro (also called Project X₂7) translates Final Cut Pro X Library XML (fcpxml) and converts it for import into Final Cut Pro 6 or 7, Adobe's Creative Cloud, or other applications.
(If you need translation the other way — from Final Cut Pro 7 to Final Cut Pro X — there's an app for that too!)
Your Final Cut Pro XML is ready for:
- Premiere Pro
- After Effects
- Final Cut Pro 7 and then to
- Soundtrack Pro
- OMF output for ProTools, etc.
- Print to tape and Edit to tape
- DaVinci Resolve or Color
- other Final Cut Pro 7 XML workflow tools.
A typical Final Cut Pro X Project with:
- titles at the start and end;
- a mixture of primary storyline and connected clips;
- a mix of active and inactive clips;
- large numbers of J and L cuts;
- to-do markers and regular markers;
- spot audio effects; and
- cross-dissolve transitions.
All transfer without problem. Unfinished to-do markers appear as red markers, completed to-do markers as Green markers, and the blue Final Cut Pro X markers as blue markers in Final Cut Pro 7.
Check the Help Documentation for an up-to-date list of what translates and what doesn't translate.
- Final Cut Pro version 10.0.1 or later
- An application that imports Final Cut Pro XML (such as Final Cut Pro 7 or 6, Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC, Audition CC, DaVinci Resolve, Color, etc.)
- OS X v10.10 Yosemite or v10.9 Mavericks or v10.8 Mountain Lion or v10.7 Lion or v10.6 Snow Leopard