Bring your old projects into the future!
7toX for Final Cut Pro
7toX for Final Cut Pro brings your Final Cut Pro 7 or 6 or Premiere Pro XML into Final Cut Pro X so you can use Apple’s powerful new professional editing tools to update or finish your older projects. The lightweight application is simple to use, with drag-and-drop support and progress information. 7toX translates important metadata from your Project XML — including bins, clips, subclips and sequences — to a new Event in Final Cut Pro X with the highest fidelity of any translation application for Final Cut Pro. In addition, the application provides clear, detailed reporting after every translation.
- Final Cut Pro version 10.0.6 or later
- An application that exports Final Cut Pro XML (such as Final Cut Pro 7 or 6, Premiere Pro CC, etc.)
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan or 10.10 Yosemite or 10.9 Mavericks or 10.8 Mountain Lion or 10.7 Lion or 10.6 Snow Leopard
Choose from three simple methods to translate Final Cut Pro 7 XML to Final Cut Pro X XML:
- Run 7toX and use the Open dialog to locate your exported XML file
- Drag-and-drop the XML file onto the 7toX application icon
- Right-click on the XML file in the Finder and choose Open With > 7toX for Final Cut Pro from the contextual menu.
7toX displays a progress bar during XML translation and, when completed, adds the new Event to the Event Library. The Event contains clips for each media file and Compound Clips for each sequence.
7toX supports both Final Cut Pro X and the Final Cut Pro X Trial.
7toX produces the highest fidelity translation of your Final Cut Pro Project, including the following conversions:
- Bins become Keyword Collections, complete with original Log Notes and comments
- Sequences become Compound Clips and are tagged with an “Sequences” keyword to make them easy to find
- Multicam clips are fully supported
- Original track structures are represented by Roles
- PICT files are automatically converted to TIFF files
- 31 transitions are translated to matching transitions
- 72 video FxPlug and FxScript filters are translated to matching video filters
- 32 audio filters are translated to matching audio filters
- Layered Photoshop files are accurately translated to Layered Photoshop files in Final Cut Pro X
- Motion Tab settings (Scale, Rotation, Center, Crop, Distort and Opacity) are translated to Transform settings (Scale, Rotation, Position, Crop, Distort and Compositing Opacity)
- Composite Modes are translated to matching Compositing Blend Modes
- Constant speed changes are translated
For a complete list, see About 7toX for Final Cut Pro.
7toX adds red to-do markers to items that have been changed or substituted during translation. You can easily view these markers in the Timeline Index in Final Cut Pro X, and quickly jump to a specific marker to review any change in context in the timeline.